I believe that in business, as in life, the more you give, the more you get. Last week I listed “be a go-giver” as my number one tip from my 20 years in business. So this week, I thought I’d expand.
As an entrepreneur, we are responsible for closing sales, generating revenue and hitting our numbers (assuming you know them, but that’s a blog for another day). So it may seem contradictory to focus on giving rather than getting. But it’s not and here’s why!
- The Law of Value –Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation – Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence – Your Influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity – The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity – The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
Several years ago I made a cultural shift and realized that I very much wanted the organization to be a force for good. To me, that means all of the above, but it also means that it is part of our culture to connect people, give referrals as often as possible, be open to listening and helping fellow colleagues, support non-profits, and create win-win scenarios as often as possible.
It’s been a solid business strategy for us and it sure feels great to end each day knowing we left the world just a tiny bit better. I believe this is what creates the amazing and contagious C3Workplace energy – for coworking, for networking, for educational events and for all the support services we provide.
Stay tuned ….
Copyright © 2013 · All Rights Reserved ·