I love entrepreneurs. We are creative, driven, multitaskers, and maybe it’s just me, but a little ADD too. This results in what I like to call “the shiny object syndrome”. We see something new and we have to have it. There’s a new marketing tool or platform and we have to try it.
This can often result in many things running concurrently without any of them being very successful.
Sound familiar? You are not alone!
Here are 5 ways to avoid shiny object syndrome:
- Post your mission values vision statement and use it as a barometer for all you do.
- Get crystal clear on your target market – easily said, not always easily done but it is crucial to your success
- Love networking (yup, that’s one of those ADD pitfalls) – set a goal, how many new people do you want to meet at the event? (This assumes you’ve identified the right groups based on your target market)
- Follow the 80/20 rule – 20% of what you do will produce 80% of your results. Unfortunately that means 80% of what you do … well, you can figure that out. Define your 20% and live in it.
- Find an accountability partner who does not suffer from SOS and have them help you to set SMART goals.
Stay tuned …
P.S. If you’d like to hear more about the transformational Earn More Program, shoot me an email to schedule a call.
Copyright © 2016 · All Rights Reserved ·