During our discovery call, we talked about everything he was doing and everything he wasn’t able to get done (like following up to networking events – what a monumental waste of time: networking without following up). We talked about what business development activities would bring him the greatest results. We talked about driving referrals and building circle of influence versus chasing prospects. We also talked about the technology that he uses to support all these efforts – scheduling tools, calendar, email etc.
What We Did:
We talked about what he was willing to invest (budget) to create a system where he felt his results were appropriate to his effort and would allow him to attend his children’s sporting events (priceless, right?). Based on his budget we transitioned to kick off and we:
- Reviewed technology and created access/profiles to allow us to work as a seamless extension of him and his firm
- Set up a direct dial so that his calls could come to us as needed
- Created a workflow to facilitate networking follow up
- Held weekly planning calls to re-prioritize as needed
- Managed his calendar and email as it related to his calendar
- Booked meetings for him post-networking and as needed
- Organized his daily meetings geographically for maximum time utilization
- Began to organization quarterly “Rainmaker Dinners” positioning him as a thought leader
- Helped him to shift from prospecting to circle of influence building
In 3 years, he grew his firm from 4 to 11 attorneys, and he spends a month each summer on vacation.
Need a Virtual Assistant? We can help.