From there we moved on to budget – what can the organization afford to spend? Once we landed on a budget, we collaboratively agreed that the best bang for their buck would be email marketing because it would:
- keep them top of mind among their stakeholders, prospects and members;
- promote their events, improving attendance and fueling their overall mission;
- allow them to highlight members, creating member value;
- feature their resources available to their audience; positioning them as a thought leader;
- drive traffic to their newly re-designed website
What We Did:
During our kick-off meeting, we created a rolling content calendar, decided on the sections for the e-newsletter, and created a project tracking system to keep everyone accountable to their tasks (both C3Workplace and client’s).
- We created the e-newsletter template
- We followed up to get content (from executive director and members)
- We kept the content calendar up to date with the next 2-3 months’ worth of content
- We sent out the monthly newsletter
- We set reminders for all with due dates for upcoming content deadlines
- We followed up to get content
Their click through rate went from 1.1% to 4.5%, which is twice the industry average, within a few months.
Need a Virtual Assistant? We can help.